Assisted Living Specializing in Program for Low Acuity Behaviors
How is Austin House unique from other Assisted Living Programs?
At Austin House we maintain two distinct and separate comprehensive/holistic programs for individuals exhibiting low acuity behavioral problems. One program for residents with dementia behaviors and the second program for residents with non-dementia behaviors.
- We utilize the soundest and most up-to-date treatment approaches to insure optimal quality of care.
- Our staff is extensively trained in caring for persons with low acuity behavior problems.
- Each resident benefits from an individually-designed care plan that specifically addresses their behavioral needs.
- Behavioral health services are available on-site as needed.
- We are responsive to the needs of our residents and families, as well as to the needs of their medical providers, referral sources, and payors.
- We honor and adhere to a philosophy and practice of commitment and compassion in meeting the physical, cognitive, behavioral, affective, and social needs of our residents.
Within our community, we offer three unique behavior programs that provide a highly structured and therapeutic approach to care that specializes in the management of behavior problems.
- Mirage is a secure program designed for persons diagnosed with dementia.
- Sahara is a secure program assisting persons whose behaviors are associated with diagnoses other than dementia.
- Oasis is an unsecured program for our cognitively clear residents who have demonstrated the ability to maintain their behaviors in an unsecured environment.
All prospective residents are evaluated on site and triaged with the Clinical Director for approval. All prospective residents must meet all state-mandated admission requirements for assisted living facilities in Arizona.[Learn More]